July 18th, 2019
Division: Early Childhood
Department: WIC Services
Supervisor: Associate Director for Nutrition – W.I.C.
To ensure that families enrolled in WIC program receive all services needed to ensure proper nutritional maintenance.
1. Plan, organize and evaluates the nutrition component of the W.I.C. Program.
2. Conduct nutrition assessments and refer high risk clients for high risk counseling, community groups or other organizations as needed.
3. Provide follow-up and carry out established Individualized Care Plans.
4. Assist in providing nutritional resources for community groups and organizations.
5. Promote and assist in advocating for breastfeeding initiation and duration.
6. Carry out all other duties as directed by supervisor.
1. BS degree in Food and Nutrition, Dietetics, or related fields.
2. Minimum of one (1) year of experience as a Nutritionist.
3. One (1) year experience working with low-income families in public health preferred.
4. Must have Valid Michigan Driver’s License, automobile insurance, and reliable
Posted in .