February 11th, 2019
Position summary: Organize, direct and coordinate the Special Supplemental
Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children at the CHASS Center. Provide
nutrition counseling to clients identified as high risk and establish a care plan with appropriate follow.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Direct the planning, implementation, coordination and evaluation of the CHASS WIC program.
- Supervise a team of nutrition professionals, customer service representatives and laboratory technicians
- Conduct monthly and quarterly program staff observations.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly program audits and reports.
- Maintain each annually assigned caseload.
- Ensure and monitor regulations to comply with applicable local policy, state policy and all other federal regulations.
- Develop and implement related policies and procedures.
- Maintain WIC files, required program logs and reports.
- Provide high-risk nutrition counseling to WIC participants.
- Monitor and evaluate breastfeeding rates, participation rates and enrollment
- Manage and develop staff through review of performance data and performance appraisals.
- Develop and provide nutrition education materials.
- Assist with budget preparation and planning.
- Hold monthly all-staff meetings and attend all local and state WIC Coordinator meetings
- Provide one-on-one consultation with clients who are identified as high risk including appropriate follow up and referrals.
- Consult with medical providers in creating tailored supplemental food packages including but not limited to approval of Class I, II and III formula requests.
- Promote breastfeeding as the optimal form of infant nutrition.
Posted in .