March 4th, 2020
Position Summary: The Registered Dietitian (RD) delivers medical nutrition therapy services for clients/patients at HELP/CHC including LGBTQ+ and HIV positive populations. The RD designs and implements nutrition interventions, teaches clients/patients in individual and group settings, collaborates with medical providers and support staff. The RD is responsible for documenting nutrition information, creating and analyzing reports in the EMR and other systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs nutritional assessments. Evaluates individual dietary needs of clients taking into account their health conditions and medications; develops nutrition plans instructing and educating individuals on nutritional principles, dietary needs, food selection and preparation. Suggests diet modifications and develops meal plans and teaching materials.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures pertinent to food & nutrition programs.
- Teaches/mentors other staff members and may precept dietetics students and/or interns.
- Participates in quality management and performance improvement efforts.
- Performs client intakes, reviews documents and assesses eligibility for programs based on established policies and procedures. May assist with distributing food vouchers and supplements for eligible low income clients.
- Upholds compliance with relevant standards of care. Ensures confidentiality and privacy practices in accordance with agency policies, HIPAA and relevant laws, regulations and contractual obligations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Nutrition or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- American Dietetic Association Registration (R.D.) required.
- Minimum of three years’ work experience in clinical dietetics required. Experience with HIV related nutrition preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have great organizational skills and be able to multi-task.
- Excellent customer service skills as well as the ability to professionally interact with individuals from diverse populations and accommodate social and cultural differences.
- Computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- The ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds for distribution of nutritional supplements.
Travel: This position may require limited in-state travel.
Salary & Benefits:
- $46,000 - $62,000 based on education and experience.
- Benefits include paid time off, agency recognized holidays, medical, vision, dental, disability, life insurance and 401K after 90 days, subject to agency and insurance eligibility criteria.
Posted in .