November 26th, 2019
Registered Dietitian Responsibilities
- Nutritional Assessment, as medically necessary, using evidence-based information and standards to determine nutritional needs.
- Assist in coordination of care with community physicians when making nutritional recommendations.
- Evaluate, develop and train on measurable goals, objectives and clinical treatment plans.
- Monitor plans based on an individual’s specific nutritional needs
- Initiate referrals to other disciplines for services
- Develop individual meal plans
- Monitor nutritional plans based on an individual’s specific needs
- Review program plans as outlined in the Individual Plan of Service
- Write clinical progress reports
- Training and in-service of individuals served, home caregivers, family, providers, other professional staff, etc. on nutritional issues
- Provide phone consultation regarding nutritional services
- Process individuals served billings for nutritional services
- Active involvement in Individual Plans of Services
- Provide individuals served and home caregivers with nutritional guidelines
- Participate in individuals served discharge planning meetings
- Coordination of care with community physicians, infusion companies, and pharmacies, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Registered Dietitian Requirements
- Bachelors of Science degree in Dietetics
- Registered by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Posted in .