September 14th, 2022
Public Health Nutrition Consultant/ WIC Registered Dietitian
- Bachelor's degree
- Registered Dietitian with the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
- Six (6) months of paid experience in the field of nutrition and dietetics
- Must have a valid State of Michigan driver's license
The Public Health Nutrition Consultant is primarily responsible for providing nutritional education, guidance, counseling and oversight to all aspects of the Women, Infants and Children's (WIC) nutrition service program and ensuring implementation of policies and adheres to the standards and guidelines of the WIC Program.
- Integrate clinical, biochemical, and dietary information to identify nutritional/health risks/needs of families in order to formulate a plan of long and short term care.
- Manage information by documenting data gathered including the qualifications for the program, immunization assessments and the qualifying nutritional health risk, in accordance to policies and procedures.
- Develop high-risk care plans for at risk clients and counsel, as needed to effect positive health outcome including the documentation of all activities and follow up interventions in a timely manner.
- Implement nutrition risk education by conducting individual and group education sessions.
- Determine approval of food package and/or special formula request in accordance to policy and procedures.
- Integrate software applications of MI-WIC and EPPIC to confirm use of benefits.
Wayne County Health, Human and Veteran Services
Posted in .