June 11th, 2019
We are seeking a PRN Clinical Dietitian to join our Nutrition Team to work in an inpatient setting at a large teaching hospital in Detroit, MI. 0-16 hours per week, mostly weekdays with occasional weekend coverage.
The Clinical Dietitian will provide clinical nutrition services to patients and ensure patient satisfaction, proper diet maintenance, quality care, regulatory compliance and good public relations.
If you are a Registered Dietitian who is seeking a quality healthcare opportunity in an acute care medical center, then you do not want to miss out on this great opportunity.
- Provides clinical nutrition services including nutrition assessment, modified diet formulation, self-management training and nutrition intervention to an inpatient population.
- Assesses the nutritional status of patients through documentation in the medical record.
- Develops, revises and individualizes nutrition care plan based on information from the patient, medical record, family and health care team members.
- Advises department on patient care and food service matters.
- Orients, mentors and trains staff and interns, as applicable.
- Complies with all regulatory standards, including federal, state and accrediting agencies and adheres to facility confidentiality, HIPAA regulations, and patient rights policies.
- Participates in facility-wide and departmental Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement (QAPI) Programs.
- Participates in and attends departmental meetings, staff development, and professional programs, as appropriate.
- Complies with all policies and procedures of the facility, TouchPoint Support Services and Compass Group, as appropriate.
- Credentialed as a Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) required.
- Licensed by the State Dietetics Licensing Board in states where applicable required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of inpatient acute care hospital experience preferred.
- Applicants credentialed as a Certified Nutrition Support Clinician (CNSC) by the National Board of Nutrition Support Certification (NBNSC) preferred.
- Experience with computers and programs including Microsoft Office Suite required.
Posted in .