November 24th, 2021
– Directs tasks to support departmental mission, vision and scope of services
– Supervises and directs food service staff to ensure food is safely prepared according to standardized recipes, on a timely basis, and according to standardized menus
– Supervises and directs food service staff to assemble and deliver meal trays according to patients prescribed diet, in a timely manner, and following proper infection control procedures
– Ensures a safe work environment that includes education on proper safety and ergonomic techniques
– Enforces proper storage and use of chemicals and wears personal protective equipment as required when using chemicals
– Holds staff accountable for knowledge of and adherence to Joint Commission standards applicable to their work area
– Investigates and resolves inquiries and complaints from customers and staff from both inside and outside the department
– Sets clear expectations with staff for performance, and coaches staff when improvement in work performance is required
– Encourages teamwork by creating an environment of empowerment and accountability
– Reviews financial reports and other quality metrics to manage costs within the current budget
– Manages employee schedules within budget guidelines to keep overtime to a minimum
– Performs routine collection of quality indicators (i.e. conducting tray audits, verifying that correct production was completed, monitoring overtime, etc.).
– Participates in ongoing departmental initiatives in quality improvement, and identifies opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of foodservice operations
– Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Food Service Management, Dietetics or equivalent experience desired.
– Minimum of 1 to 3 years progressive supervisory experience in a high volume, complex food service operation or restaurant.
– ServSafe foodservice certification within the last five (5) years, or receipt of certification within 60 days of hire.
– Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form.
– Excellent customer service and service recovery skills.
– General knowledge of word processing software and ability to communicate effectively using email.
– Ability to plan, organize, and direct the activities of foodservice employees.
– Ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of people with diverse backgrounds and skill levels.
– Experience using CBORD Food Service Management or Nutrition Services Suite application
– Experience supervising bargained for staff
This is a temporary relief Food Service Manager position, 40 hours/week.
The schedule for this position will vary but typical shifts will be 6a-2:30p and the applicant must be able to work weekends and some holidays.
For additional information and to apply online, please access online job posting available at: https://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/207872/food-service-manager-temp
Please contact email@example.com with questions.
Posted in .