November 4th, 2021
Provides comprehensive, high quality nutrition care to patients via the Medical Center, clinics, and related entities that include patient care, teaching, research, and community service. Serves as a role model by practicing exemplary behaviors, and committing to the highest standard of customer relations when working with patients, visitors, and fellow staff members. Complies with all appropriate safety and infection control standards. Participates in quality management and continuous quality improvement activities. Performs all job duties and responsibilities in a courteous and customer-focused manner according to the Hurley Family Standards of Behavior. Works under the general direction of the Assistant Director of Nutrition Services - Clinical or designee who reviews work for effectiveness and conformance with established policies.
Exercises supervision over dietetic interns and volunteers.
• Baccalaureate degree with course work in dietetics and nutrition.
• Registry Eligible or Registered Dietitian (credentialed with the Commission on Dietetic Registration for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics).
• Employees in the sub-classification of Diabetes Resource Center must be certified or certified-eligible as a Diabetes Educator by the National Certification Board of Diabetes Educators. Employees who are certified-eligible must become certified within three (3) years from date of appointment to the classification.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Ability to speak in front of large groups.
• Ability to maintain accurate and current reports and records.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships with Medical Center staff, patients, families, physicians, and the general public.
• Employee must become a Registered Dietitian (credentialed with the Commission on Dietetic Registration for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics) within nine (9) months from date of appointment to this position or the employee may be terminated.
Posted in .