March 12th, 2020
Division: Early Childhood Services
Department: Early Childhood Services
Supervisor: Deputy Director for Early Childhood- Family Engagement
FLSA Status: Exempt- Administration and Executive
To ensure that the management of nutrition services and CACFP guidelines in OLHSA’s Early Childhood Services grantee and delegate agencies are in compliance with state and federal guidelines. To supervise nutrition staff providing nutrition services to EHS/Head Start population.
- Monitor and coordinate nutrition services in accordance with Early Head Start/Head Start
- Performance Standards in grantee and delegate programs.
- Develop, implement and/or coordinate Early Head Start/Head Start nutrition procedures, standards, training and technical assistance for grantee and delegate programs.
- Manage the Early Childhood food service program in accordance with Michigan Child and Adult Care Food Program and ACF Head Start Performance Standards.
- Oversee and maintain Food Service Vendor Contract following CACFP guidelines.
- Manage nutrition staff responsible for counseling, referral service and follow-up to families of children identified as having low hematocrit, weight abnormality, food allergies or any referred nutrition problems for all Early Childhood Programs.
- Supervises 3 nutrition staff and 2 food attendants and has responsibility for recruitment and disciplinary action including the termination process.
- Carry out all other duties as directed by supervisor.
- B. S. Degree in Dietetics. Registered Dietitian Certificate preferred.
- Two (2) years experience in Nutrition working with children and families. Head Start experience preferred.
- Two (2) years experience in supervising staff.
- Licenses: Valid Michigan Driver’s License.
Wages and Hours:
$963.20 per week (minimum)
40 hours per week; 52 weeks per year
Posted in .